QuickBooks Error Code 1603
Over millions of business owners globally trusts accounting software. QuickBooks software is one of the most trusted software, among others. While updating or installing QuickBooks, you may notice QuickBooks error 1603. The professionals recommend performing some steps to quick-fix the error.
This article will guide you thoroughly about everything you need to know about error 1603 and the ways to fix the error.
What is QuickBooks error 1603?
Being one of the most reckoned accounting software, QuickBooks Services display Error 1603 while installing or opening QuickBooks. It mostly occurs when QuickBooks require some components to run, but they are unavailable because of corrupted or damaged files issue in QuickBooks or Windows.
The causes of this error:
Some of the common causes are:
- Damaged Microsoft MSXML and C++ files
- Incorrect installation of QuickBooks
- An issue with Microsoft.NET Framework
- Windows problem
- When a new version is available
- The improper permissions
- Damaged Microsoft Windows installer
- Virus or malware threat
The steps to fix QuickBooks error 1603:
The quick and simple steps to fix error 1603 in QuickBooks are given below:
Step 1: First of all, you will need to download & install QuickBooks Tools Hub.
- Make sure that the QuickBooks desktop is closed.
- Then, download “QuickBooks Tools Hub” and press “CTRL + J” to get to your download.
- Now, you will need to click on “QuickBooksToolsHub.exe” under the downloads list.
- Tap on “yes” to let the app make the desired changes.
- Then, click on “Next”, and then tap on “Install”. (the installation may take a few minutes).
- After the installation of the tool is completed, click on “Finish”.
Step 2: QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool.
- Locate the “QuickBooks Tool Hub” icon on your desktop, and click on it.
- Now, visit the “Installation Issues” tab.
- Then, tap on the “QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool”.
- The configuration process may take some time.
- Once the configuration process ends, tap on “Yes” to accept the license agreement.
- Now click on “Proceed” to begin with the repairs on components of QuickBooks.
- After the completion of this step, restart your device.
Step 3: Update your windows.
- Click on the “start” button on your desktop, and click on “Settings”.
- From there, select “Update & Security”.
- Now, tap on “Check for updates”.
- If any updates are available, it will download it and start installing it automatically.
- Now, restart your computer to complete the step.
Step 4: Third-party applications may block the installation procedure, like antispyware programs and antivirus. So, install QuickBooks using Selective Startup (Safe Mode).
- Generate a gridlock of your company fine, and grab a copy of your QuickBooks desktop product & license information.
- Then, press and hold the “Windows + R” keys together.
- Now, type “msconfig”, and then tap on the “OK” button.
- In the general tab, select “selective startup”, and then click on “Load system services”.
- Then, click on “Hide Microsoft services” or disable all.
- Then, make sure that the “windows installer checkbox” is checked.
- Now, tap on “OK”, and then keep a copy of your QuickBo restart the computer.
- Later, uninstall as well as install QuickBooks.
- After the installation process, get back to the normal mode of startup.
Step 5: You may need to manually fix the components of Windows if the above-mentioned steps don’t work for you.
Repair Microsoft.NET framework
- You need to press on the keys, “Windows + R,” together on your keyboard.
- In the “Run Window”, type “Control”.
- Visit “Programs”, then select “Program and Features”.
- Now, tap on “Turn Windows featured on or off”.
- If you find that the “.NET Framework 3.5 and later” are checked, uncheck them, and tap on “OK”.
- Now, restart your computer.
- After your computer gets restarted, check the “.NET Framework 3.5 and later” again and follow the on-screen instructions.
Repair Microsoft MSXML
- From your keyboard, press the “Windows + R” keys.
- A run box will pop out on the screen.
- Over there, you need to type “appwiz.cpl” and tap on “OK”.
- From the list, select “MSXML 6.0” and click on “Uninstall” at the top of the list.
- Now, from the Microsoft website, download the “msxml.msi” file.
- After the download is finished, double-tap on it and follow the on-screen instructions.
- After the installation of the MSXML file is completed, install “QuickBooks”.
Restart window installer service
- Visit the window’s “control panel.”
- Click on the “System and Security” option.
- Choose the “Administrative Tool”, and then double click on the “Services” option.
- Then, to restart the window installer service, firstly, Disable and then Enable the service.
After following the above-mentioned steps, you will not face the QuickBooks Error code 1603 while opening or installing QuickBooks. But, if the problem is still not solved, take assistance from the experts or professionals.